One of the things I love about summer birthdays are outdoor parties and back in June we made our way over to Great Island Common, a huge expanse of green and blue, in New Castle to celebrate. Many of Grayson's fellow baby friends have older siblings who are friends with Nia so it was definitely double fun as she got to hang out with her little buddies.
|It was so special to have my sisters come up from NYC!|
Now for Grayson's monthly questionnaire:
- Baby's weight: Grayson weighed in at 18lbs, 6oz at his last well visit; he really is eating more but it just isn't sticking to him much! The good news is that the's on his own growth curve and the "curve" part is what's most important so his dr. isn't concerned
- Baby's height: 29" but I've been assured by my father-in-law that he's just taking after his dad who sprouted much, much later!
- What size of clothing does baby wear?: Still in 9-12 months for the most part; the 12-18 month pants are just too wide
|His 1st birthday eve at our hotel in Bar Harbor|
- Special outings baby had during the month: The weekend of Grayson's birthday (and our 6th wedding anniversary) we were in Bar Harbor, our first time there as a family; it was so picturesque and Grayson enjoyed rolling around in all the greenery
- What are your thoughts on this past month?: We were mostly concerned about potential allergies this month as we knew after his egg allergy scare a few months ago that we could finally get a blood draw when he turned 1; we got it just after his 1st birthday and it confirmed his egg allergy and that we were all clear for dairy and nuts
- What was baby's routine? Swimming lessons and the library have been the mainstays of our summer and the month of June only had our trip to Maine so it was nice to be local for the most part; hotel stays can always throw things off, but Grayson and Nia still go down for the night together around 8/8:30a.m. and he's up first around 7 followed by his sister; I appreciate that they both sleep through the night
- Any milestones baby reached during the month?: Just lots more teeth pushing through and nervous about walking
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: Celebrating his first birthday in Maine was extra special and his birthday party was such a fun day - it's been great to find a nice little circle of friends for Grayson!
- Did any big changes occur? With the allergist's approval he'll be ready to move onto cow's milk
- What are baby's favorites - toy, food, person, etc... Loves his sister of course and is also obsessed with pushing things around the floor as though they are cars (especially books)! His window perch remains one of his favorite places to play and the trucks that go by give him so much entertainment
- What I'm looking forward to? Taking Grayson to Day out with Thomas next month then Ohio in August to meet my side of the family for the first time