I think it calls for a rundown . . .
- Mrs Lovebird on a billboard? - I kicked off the week filming and on the way home on my birthday-eve, after 2 hours in brutal rush hour traffic, I was 3 minutes away from home when I saw myself on a digital billboard on I-95 for the campaign I filmed last month; it startled me so that I nearly shrieked! When I got home I made Uka promise me that he'll go stalk the billboard later so we can take a picture of it
- Stepping up my eyeglasses game - It took nearly 25 years of nearsightedness, but I'm now the proud owner of prescription sunglasses! I've been rocking red frames too the past couple months which make me feel sassy
|Grayson's cold courtesy of Nia's Kindergarten germs O_o|
- The Best Gifts Not on My Birthday - on my actual birthday Uka was away on business, and I had a busy day with the kids after school with soccer practice then running to eat at our favorite pizza spot followed by frozen yogurt (proceeds supported the local middle school's trip to Quebec and our PTO, respectively!). We made it home a bit late; since Uka and I had already celebrated I didn't expect anything else, but my sisters and parents surprised me throughout the week!
|Buffalo chicken pizza at Flatbread = YAAAAASSSSSS!|
|Sweet surprises from my family|
- Losing my fro - I got my hair flat ironed last weekend at Simply Erinn's and really need a hair overhaul; I've experienced really bad post-weaning hair loss which didn't happen the first time around so I'll be back at the salon in a couple weeks to get a good cut and color (these GRAYS!); I've also been taking SeabuckWonders Hair Ultimate Skin and Nails vitamins and will share my review when I'm finished:
- My last blogger conference of the year - I'm heading to Wayfair's Heart Home conference next week, and I'm excited for the line-up including Maxwell, founder of Apartment Therapy, one of my favorite interior design websites; I was thinking about my conference wardrobe and remembered I had a $50 birthday credit for Rent the Runway so I ordered this for FREE:
|I've been wanting to try a jumpsuit for a while so we'll see how it goes - I plan to throw my jean jacket over it since it's already quite chilly up here !|
- Boston Bloggers - I've slowly been getting involved with the Boston blogging community and have been able to attend a few events and this past week I got to spend some time courtesy of Vivia Vantage with a few more Boston-metro bloggers; it was a fun event, and I look forward to sharing more about it in the coming week!
- My Day Designer - I'm already thinking ahead to 2016 especially with my annual business retreat with my sisters in a few weeks; the 2016 Whitney English Day Designers recently went on pre-order, and I decided to get this re-sized version by Belle and Blush (also check out this amazing Day Designer giveaway here ending on 9/30/15):
- Overly Ambitious or Nah? - Am I the only person who has grand reading plans but always falls asleep (or gets constantly interrupted)? I'm really going to try to power through these I just picked up from my local library (wish me luck!):
- Throwback Nick? YASSSSS! - As if my birthday week couldn't get any better I saw the news about The Splat, the throwback 90s Nickelodeon programming line-up; Legends of the Hidden Temple and All That were my faves - speaking of All That, did you see this reunion? LOVED it!
- Self Care - It seems to be a buzz word now but I'm starting to learn the hard way that I seriously need to get better at it! I've been trying to get back into a steady fitness routine (hello PiYo!) and a fellow mom blogger's introduced me to essential oils and helped me focus on taking better care of myself (sleep, water, spiritual health etc.... I know the drill!); one easy way to do this is with Belli Skincare who's also celebrating their birthday week. They've been running a Birthday Bash which ends today, 9/27/15 where everything on their site is 30% plus a special offer (I've reviewed them before here, and they recently sent me a box of products for a bit of much-needed skin pampering):
- Apple Picking - We headed back to Apple Crest Farm yesterday, and it wasn't nearly as crowded when we went last year; so many pics and silly videos to post I promise!
How are you enjoying fall where you live? Have you been apple picking already?