|Looking like a wise baby!|
- Baby's Weight: I'll find out mid-August for sure how much she weighs, but her tummy's getting more "Pooh-like" so I'm thinking just over 20 lbs now
- Baby's Height: She seems to be lengthening before my very eyes - I can tell by how her legs dangle in her high chair. I remember how they barely touched the bar and now they're beyond it!
- What size of clothing does baby wear? Still 12 months
- Any milestones baby reached during the month:
- WALKING! (UPDATE: I'm fixing the video tomorrow)
- Language: she signs "more," says "some" in place of more, shakes her head no when she doesn't want something
- She can hug, kiss and blow (yes, I'm helping her practice for her first birthday!)
- Special outings baby had during the month: Just continuing to be out and about NYC with a visit to DC thrown in
- What are your thoughts about the past month? A switch has been flipped and Nia's personality in on full force! She's my little shadow and follows me everywhere. I can't believe how quickly this year seems to have gone already and I'm sad to see her leave baby-hood. I love Nia so much and I tell her so all the time.
- What was baby's routine? With walking, Nia's routine has been a bit off. She does not want to go to bed because she wants to explore! We're still good about getting her down before 9p.m. but she wakes up between 4-5a.m. UGHHHH! We cannot get her to sleep for more than 7-9 hours overnight. Once up she goes back down in the morning and will sometimes take an afternoon nap as well.
|Nia in our bed at 5a.m.|
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: Walking has been bittersweet because I feel like I'm losing my baby. I think that's why she's suddenly been wanting to nurse more despite us upping her solids. She'll eat everything we eat in addition to breastmilk! She seems to burn it all off walking around though!
|My little shadow|
- Did any big changes occur, such as baby started daycare, stopped nursing, slept through the night, etc... I started the weaning process slowly but walking and teeth coming in kinda messed that up - she has 8 teeth now and about 2 more coming in. It's making her want to comfort nurse.
- What are baby's favorites - toy, food, person, etc... She's showing attachment to her stuffed animals suddenly especially Patrick the Pup, her "monkey pet," and her Bahia doll (from our neighbor). It's so cute when she carries them around with her and talks to them.