I have A LOT left to do to prepare for Nia's party! It's been a whirlwind since we got back on Monday night from Ohio, but luckily Nia's been napping a lot (I think catching up from the excitement!), so I've been able to get a bunch of stuff done AND . . .
I have some awesome helpers coming over tomorrow night to help wrap things up (my sister Ariane and a good friend Veronica). They will lend their lungs to help me blow up balloons for the garland - I'm recreating the one that Sherry from Young House Love made - as well as ice the cupcakes.
So here's what's left to do:
- Buy the 80s candy (we're doing an 80s theme remember?); I had wanted to run down to Economy Candy today, but napping is much more important so we will go in the morning.
- Put together the goodie bags - we're expecting about 10 kids, probably 8
- Make the giant smash cupcake. Can you believe my local supermarket had absolutely no sprinkles?! Thank God for my sister who will run by Target to get some before she comes over tomorrow. Here's a sneak peek of the smash images I'd like to capture:
- Make the individual cupcakes for the guests (red velvet with cream cheese frosting and yellow cake with chocolate frosting); and of course, I'm using a boxed mix doctored up per my friend Lisa at For the Love of Frosting.
- Finish the first year video (well, help Mr. Love Bird finish it!)
- Clean the apartment; people really won't be in the apartment except to cool off and use the bathroom so a general cleaning is in order
- Find the items from Family Dollar I bought including her crown and paper items for the kids
- Create 80s themed door sign to guide everyone to the courtyard
My family gets into town around midnight tomorrow and Saturday morning I'm gonna run and get my hair done first thing then head back home to finish getting everything set up. I already know my family will help a ton so I'm going to work on a day-of task list to keep everyone focused (didn't you know I'm Type A???).
*Runs off chanting, "I think I can, I think I can!"*