Gray had his 2 month dr. visit last week along with his sister's 4 year appointment and they both had shots. I was nervous going into it mostly due to how I thougth Nia would react. She did fine - it was Gray who had the biggest reaction. I've never heard him cry so hard! It was heartbreaking but Nia, who was the brave big sister and got her shots first, laughed at him. I asked her why and she replied, "Because he's so cute, mama!"
On to the update . . .
- Baby's Weight: 12lbs, 14oz - up nearly 2 lbs in a month; Nia and I have taken to calling him CHUNK!
- Baby's Height: 23" (he was 20" at birth)
- What size of clothing does baby wear? 3 months fits best
- Any milestones baby reached during the month: Gray's smiling regularly now and is cooing more. Also, he's started teething, same as Nia did at this age. He is getting better at grabbing for things too especially boobies! Speaking of boobies, Gray took a bottle for the first time and it was the first bottle we tried by Lansinoh that came with my pump (more on my amazing pump courtesy of Klout to come!):
- Special outings baby had during the month: First beach visit!
- What are your thoughts about the past month? I've been a bit anxious towards the end of Gray's 2nd month (I'll share more about that soon), but I'm confident earlier than I expected in the "mom of 2" domain. It's been better than I thought going into the city with both or just one. I do get a bit overwhelmed with household to-dos mixing with parenting and business duties but I think Nia starting school soon will help with that! Here he is with Nia re-enacting her 1 month video:
Moment 1:04-1:30 is my fave!
- What was baby's routine? Grayson's circadian rhythms have seemed to kick in or else it's a trick! He has a hard time getting settled at night, but once he's down he's down and I rarely feel disrupted in my sleep on account of him. We get up between 7-8a.m. and lately he's been drowsy most of the day but wants to be held while sleeping. If I put him down he promptly pops up. Sigh . . . Nights we're all in bed around 9/10p.m., but lately I've been pulling all nighters til 3 or 4a.m. No fun!
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: Definitely Gray taking a bottle. This spells freedom!
- Did any big changes occur? The 6 week growth spurt hit us HARD. He was super fussy. I definitely don't remember anything like that with Nia at 6 weeks, but I think a lot of it is due to his extreme gasiness!
- What I'm looking forward to? I missed this question last time and would've said Las Vegas but alas our Labor Day Weekend trip to the Red Rock Resort has been canceled. It's bittersweet, and I'll be sharing more on that soon . . . In the immediate future I'm looking for a short family trip up to Portsmouth, NH this holiday weekend instead.
P.S. Missed last month's update? Click here to see Gray's 1st month!