Gray's doctor's appointment was yesterday and this time there's no big life change to contend with (although I still have a few boxes to sort through!) so I'm happy to do his update close to his actual month-birthday:
- Baby's Weight: 15lbs, 2.5oz
- Baby's Height: 26" and just like it happened with Nia's dr., Gray's height prompted our new dr. to ask, "How tall is his dad?!" When I told him he said, "Those genes are really coming out!"
- What size of clothing does baby wear? He's still 3-6 months (or I just remember he's about the size of his dad's sneakers)
- Special outings baby had during the month: our visit to Boston a couple weeks ago and this past weekend's apple cider pressing upstate
- What are your thoughts on this past month?: PERSONALITY! That pretty much sums it up. It's shining through and it's been wonderful seeing how excited Gray gets about every little thing now.
- What was baby's routine? We're still good about getting in bed between 8-9p.m. but with the 4 month wakeful in full effect it's making overnight shaky sometimes. He's definitely more scheduled than his sister was, but his new pediatrician wants him on an even tighter schedule. I could probably reign him in a bit with feedings (more on that below), but for now I think our system is working. Our overall family routine is a bit shaky now too especially since we're still adjusting since our move.
- Any milestones baby reached during the month?: Recognizing his sister and full on laughing just watching her (I finally captured him laughing here!). It's as though a switch was turned on and he's like, "Oh it's another little person who can entertain me!" The first time it happened I had him over my shoulder and we were walking down the hallway with Nia behind us. He started making a sound that sounded like choking to me and kicking is legs. I was startled and looked at his face and saw Nia being silly and realized he was laughing at her. Adorable! Now if I can channel this into 5 minutes of entertainment so I can shower . . .
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: I'm still feeling the effects of his shark teeth - not sure that'd be considered a "highlight" though so I'll call his budding relationship with his sister a highlight!
- Did any big changes occur? Nothing as major as the last update, but he's definitely laughing more
|Gray loves his Tiny Love Discover the World Mat (full review to come!)|
- What are baby's favorites - toy, food, person, etc... Still loving his Baby Banana Brush and we've now introduced the Octo-Brush too! He also likes staring at himself in his playmat mirror. Also, about food: the pediatrician is pretty old school and has given us the go ahead to introduce solids. I was so surprised as I'm pretty much a WHO stickler for breastfeeding exclusively the first 6 months (NOT the first 4-6 months), but the doctor said Gray's definitely ready. We'll see. The part of me that despises being bitten while nursing is ready for him to be weaned (it hurrrrts), but I'm also not quite ready for him to be a "big kid." The way he looks at my food and drools though makes me think he wants solids. We'll see. The evidence for the benefits of delaying is pretty strong!
- What I'm looking forward to? Heading to San Antonio next week! It'll be our first time flying as a family of 4, and I'm not nervous cause I know the power of the boobies especially on long flights!