|We had been using Aquaphor for his chest eczema but are now trying Eucerin cream and Aveeno baths and lotion - any recommendations?|
On to the update . . .
- Baby's weight: Grayson's next appointment is next month but I took an unofficial measurement and he's still between 16-17lbs; such a skinny baby!
- Baby's height: We'll get it confirmed next month!
- What size of clothing does baby wear? 9 months is fine on length but still 6-9 months on width
|His aunties and Nana whisked him away for dinner with a view in our hotel lobby|
- Special outings baby had during the month: Another return trip to NYC last week!
- What are your thoughts on this past month?: I'm resolved that Grayson enjoys being a baby! Not a big eater (solids nor breastmilk), not yet crawling, signs milk as a last resort and won't say "mama" or "dada." It's SO hard not to compare kids and I know boys tend to be a bit behind girls, but Nia was blowing him outta the water by this point! The only area he seems to be advanced is all his teeth: he has 8.
- What was baby's routine? Pretty much the same as always: down for bed between 8-9p.m., wakes up a few times in the night though with his 8 month wakeful, then up for the day around 7a.m. He wakes up SO happy!
- Any milestones baby reached during the month?: Clapping! He still will occasionally topple over when sitting (big head!) but that's rare
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: He took his 3rd flight and will take his 4th next month when we head on our family cruise. He's becoming a plane pro!
- Did any big changes occur? Just trying more solids (squash is his fave)
- What are baby's favorites - toy, food, person, etc... His sister of course! And he's continuing to love reading including his Hug-a-Bible he received at his dedication. We give it to him and he squeals and bounces. If he's sad in his crib Nia will hand it to him to help him calm down.
- What I'm looking forward to?
- I know I mentioned cloth diapers before, but we still have a handful of disposables left so I will update on cloth next month
- Crawling - taking forever!
- Warmer weather - I'm excited to head outdoors with him and Nia and to get him in a swing at our local park; I think he'll love it!
- Planning his 1st birthday - we're already gearing up!