Nia turned 14 months old yesterday! It was a fun day: we went to a different library's story time and she made a Halloween craft for Uka (or at least that's what I told her!). We met up with Nia's birthday twin, Jerve, and mom, Melinda, then walked over to Target together. It was good exercise! I'll share a picture from yesterday down below, but here is the requisite monthly photo:
|She is SO serious again!|
Here's a few pictures from this month before we get into the update:
|Swinging in Central Park w/Daddy & Uncle Van|
|Working on her Halloween craft at storytime|
|Playing with Jerve, her birthday twin who's one year older|
|A moment of contemplation at the playground|
|Tired on the subway home|
|Sometimes we've been able to get her to drink milk from a bottle!|
Here's the official update:
- Toddler's Weight: She still feels pretty lightweight to me; I'm sure she's not even 20 lbs yet.
- Toddler's Height: Probably still 30"
- What size of clothing does toddler wear? 18 months are fitting her better since last month but she still has room to grow.
- Any milestones toddler reached during the month:
- She's peed in her potty 2x! We let her get acclimated to it for a few days before putting her on it in the mornings to pee. I explain to her what it's for and she's come to the bathroom with me before and has expressed interest in the toilet so I think we're just going to take it slow.
- She can sing along to a melody really well to the point that I can recognize the song.
- Special outings toddler had during the month: Just the usual out and about around NYC as seen in the pics above.
- What are your thoughts about the past month? Nia has an amazing sense of humor that shines brighter each day. She cracks herself up and talks constantly. I can't wait to understand more of what she's saying. I think we are making progress on weaning little by slowly. We purchased the sqeezeable fruits and veggies on sale at Target yesterday and at first she showed interest then today she wanted to just squeeze them and play. Oh well!
- What was toddler's routine? Nia is still really good about going to bed for the night but still wakes up at least 1x. She is getting 1 nap usually around 2 or 3p.m. but today for example, she surprised me and took at 3 hour nap starting at 11. I even fell asleep too. It was great!
- Reflect about the highlights of the month:
- Definitely peeing in her potty; I'm not one to get too nostalgic about, "my baby growing up" so no tears were shed by me:
- Did any big changes occur?
- No, things have pretty much remained the same!
- What are toddler's favorites - toy, food, person, etc...
- She still LOVES Baba:
- Fruits and veggies are still her favorites and she's refusing meat with a vengeance! Here she is with her large carrot she carried around ALL day on Tuesday. I was nervous to give it to her but she handled it well; I think it helped with her teething:
|She asks for me to pull out her baby playmat all the time too! She has baby nostalgia!|
Next month will be her 15 month appointment!