|Lil Love Bird's first Easter 2011|
I am so excited for Easter this year as it's our first altogether and just us as a little family!
Mr. Love Bird is off Friday so we're excited for a long weekend; here's what we have to look forward to:
- Easter mid-morning picnic at Lincoln Park with our local moms' group
- Brunch with our friends (an engaged couple getting married next month!) at our favorite local diner
- The Hunger Games double date with Mr. Love Bird's BFF
- Easter egg hunt at Van Vorst park (it's divided by age group and I'm excited to see Nia compete in the under 2 group!) - I'll be filling eggs with mini bunny graham crackers as our donated contribution!
| Nia has been crying to open these all week!|
- That night a good friend of mine is having her bachelorette party. I won't be able to stay out the entire night due to the holiday but will be going to dinner with a few ladies in celebration at Rosa Mexicano - they have AWESOME guacamole (am I the only one who calls it Rosa Mexicana???)
- I'm making America's Test Kitchen's stuffed French toast (I add strawberry jam to the cinammon and sugar cream cheese filling) and bacon (it's nitrate free which I have an upcoming post about some changes we've made to our eating habits thanks to Forks Over Knives)
- Our church is having 2 services added to their regular 3 so we'll be able to attend church at 2:30p.m.
|Nia's Easter dress|
- After church we'll come home, change out of our clothes and take a little rest before heading to an early dinner at our favorite local Italian restaurant - they're having a special Easter menu
What are your Easter plans?