Happy summer '12 everyone! I'm a big stickler for waiting until the actual first day of summer to say it's summer and not a day before. Regardless, I'm just happy it's here! This winter was so mild and the spring so rainy that I'm excited for stretches of days of perfectly sunny days. The past week I've been loving the low humidity but things are slowly heating up in NYC.
Mr. Love Bird is spending this first day of summer heading somewhere that I am insanely jealous he gets to go to for work (sorry, I cannot disclose!), but since it's a place I've wanted to go since I was a child at least he gets to do a little research before taking me and Nia back there someday - he promised!
Anyway, similar to '11 I wanted to share what we Love Birds are looking forward to this summer; when I look at our calendar every single weekend except for two is filled up through Labor Day! Here are some highlights:
- Our 3rd anniversary (here's our 1st and 2nd anniversary)
- Summerstage concerts (they're FREE throughout NYC)
- Focusing on my business more now that Nia's weaned
- Sewing a long overdue dress for myself from an adorable pattern I purchased months ago from Pins & Needles
- Continuing the moms' ministry at my church
- The Kehinde Wiley exhibit at the Jewish Museum
- July 4th pool party in Maryland with my parents
- My church's beach baptism (I haven't been since Uka's baptism in '08)
- BlogHer '12
- Seeing family friends in Rhode Island and visiting the Newport Mansions
- Nia's 2nd birthday
- Summer reading (I'm halfway through Breaking Dawn two years after starting the Twilight series - the writing is just SO awful - and I have yet to finish the Hunger Games trilogy - I only got through the first book)
- The Jazz Age Lawn Party (it's now become a tradition with Nia - click here to see her dress I made for last year's party!)