Thanksgiving weekend ending's hit us hard! It's been a whirlwind and lil Gray's left with a 102 fever to show for it, and I'm finally getting this update together while he's getting some much needed rest (I have a 3a.m. drop off of our last guests then I'll be getting some sleep too!).
This update is extra special because it includes Gray's first snow. Our good friends at Zutano sent over their Furry Baby Zipper Suit right before we headed to Texas and while chilly temps weren't on my mind at the time I knew they'd be right around the corner and boy was a I right! While it's a balmy 47 degrees here in Portsmouth as I type this at one point last week it was in the teens. Furry Suit to the rescue!
Isn't it cuteness overload? The furry suit is a fun way to keep your little one warm this season and the pool accents add a bit of punchy color - I love how they pop against the snow in the picture above. Plus the suit is nice and soft, not itchy at all. When we've stepped out with Gray in his Furry Baby Zipper Suit we can't get far because of how many people stop us to admire him in it. Most are jealous like I am and want it in adult size! It's so darn cold up here in New Hampshire that I know Furry Baby Zipper Suit envy will definitely catch on. Below are a couple more pics of Gray in his Furry Baby Zipper Suit as well as a special discount code if you want one for the little monster in your life!
For now here's Grayson's update:
- Baby's weight: I'm thinking closer to 16 lbs now; last month he was just over 15 lbs and he won't have his next appointment (at 6 months) until early January
- Baby's height: Maybe 27" (he was 26" last month)
- What size of clothing does baby wear? 6 months are great for his length, but he can't fill them out! Here's his Thanksgiving outfit (6 months, Carters purchased at Target):
- Special outings baby had during the month: San Antonio and he was awesome on the flight!
- What are your thoughts on this past month?: Teething is giving him such a hard time. 4 month wakeful seems to be slowing down and I can tell he really is ready for solids - he's starting to grab for our food and salivate.
- What was baby's routine? Still getting acclimated, especially to darkness up here as well as the recent Thanksgiving holiday throwing everything off. It probably won't get much better with Christmas right around the corner (we'll be flying down to visit my parents). We'll hope to get things back on track in the new year. I'm still thankful I can count on his morning nap though!
- Any milestones baby reached during the month? Gray tried a cup for the first time, and it appears that he's signing milk. Uka and my parents all saw it over Thanksgiving. I now need to film it! He's also vocalizing a lot more. He makes a sound like, "Hi" back to me when I say it. So cool! I need a hidden camera for these antics cause he definitely stops doing whatever it is I want to film if he notices the phone pointed at him. Sly baby!
- Reflect about the highlights of the month:
- Gray meeting his Great Grandma Mary for the first time was so special:
- Did any big changes occur? Nope.
- What are baby's favorites - toy, food, person, etc... Nia continues to be Gray's absolute favorite EVERYTHING! He still gets a bit of terror in his eyes when she comes near as though he's thinking, "Is she going to squeeze me or make me laugh?," but he takes it in stride and enjoys his interactions with her for the most part.
- What I'm looking forward to? Starting Gray on solids when he turns 6 months - this boy is READY! Also, excited for seeing him with his sister as he celebrates his first Christmas. (Here's a sneak peak of him with his first time seeing our tree!)
|I say he looks like a little cub, but Nia insists he looks like a bunny!|