Second child syndrome is a real thing, hence the reason why I haven't written an update on Grayson since his belated 1 year update 2 months after his 1st birthday. I enjoy going back and reading updates on Nia at the same age as Grayson and figured the least I could do was update based on his doctor appointment schedule. That's fair, right?
The picture above was from Instagram a few weeks ago when he had actually just turned 15 months and it's one of my favorites. His little Pooh Bear tummy, huge dark chocolate eyes and parted lips are all typical Grayson. Most days he toddles around busy working on his little projects pausing to observe trucks that pass by our fishbowl windows - they provide so much entertainment for him! He is a very easy baby and a true sweetheart. His hand-me-down "Hug Me" shirt conveys exactly what I'm prone to do at least 15 times a day. The best part? He lets me and doesn't try to break free. He's a real snuggle bug!
Here's the full update:
- Toddler's Weight: 21 3/4 lbs - this was from his 15 month check-up a couple weeks after he turned 15 months
- Toddler's Height: 30 1/2"
- What size of clothing does toddler wear? At the time he turned 15 months he was still comfortably in 12 months clothing and starting to wear some 18 months, but still a bit too long and wide
|Escape artist in the making|
- Any milestones toddler reached since last update:
- Not sure if it's a milestone, but he's the most confident climber and explorer! He scares us often (as in the clip below - we've since moved the stroller to our lobby), but has the cutest side-eye that says, "I got this!"
- His vocabulary is slowly expanding, but he mimics us very well
- Special outings toddler had since last update:
- The Jazz Age Lawn Party (recap here!) - a dream fulfilled to see he and Nia there together since we missed it last year
- Visiting my side of the family in Ohio for the first time
- What are your thoughts since the past update? Grayson still isn't a big eater, but I was thrilled to see he's improving weight-wise; at the time he turned 15 months he was still toppling over from time to time (his large noggin is to blame!), but he does his best to keep up with his big sister. It's fun seeing them interact more!
|It doesn't take much to make Grayson happy!|
- What was toddler's routine? Grayson's pretty easy going and since turning 1 has dropped his 2nd nap. He wakes up with his sister at 7a.m. via their alarm clock and they both go to bed at 8p.m. At night they "snuggle down" together for their devotional and daily calendar. It's a tradition that's been going strong for a few months now and they love it. During the day we do storytime one day a week still getting out to play while the weather permits and at the time he turned 15 months was spending a couple days a week with our babysitter, a young woman we know from our church who he really likes (it's so precious to see him blow her kisses!)
|Catching up on snuggle time during Nia's soccer practice|
- Reflect about the highlights since the last update:
- Becoming a steadier walker
- Attending the Jazz Age Lawn Party for the first time
- Did any big changes occur?
- Adjusting to his big sister being at school full time (preschool was only 3 days a week this past year) - he was a bit melancholy when she first started
- What are toddler's favorites - toy, food, person, etc...
- He is still obsessed with Nia and calls her constantly: "NEE-AH!" She chases him around all the time and he tries to scramble away. Nia still roughs him up from time to time, but it makes him stronger, right?
- Toy-wise, he still likes his little corner in our dining area where he can play independently in the fishbowl windows
- He continues to like smoothies (he drinks the most and fastest out of all of us!) and has a funny way of responding when we use our Ninja Auto-iQ:
- What I'm looking forward to? Celebrating Thanksgiving locally in Portsmouth and getting our real tree up; since Grayson's more active than Nia was I'm wondering if the tree will survive the entire season! We'll go the day after Thanksgiving to get it like we always do; we'll head to Texas between Thanksgiving and Christmas for "Thanksmas" with my parents
|Always my baby|