I'd like to properly recap the weekend, and in the interim I have a few pre-summer thoughts to share before I run out the door for the day...
I recently posted this on my personal Facebook wall:
This is the life I lead, and I love it - I just need some consideration sometimes!
Anyway, I'm feeling the need for bullets . . .
- Yesterday I signed up Nia for summer camp via our local rec center; I've been seeing this article floating around Facebook and I generally want to try to follow this philosophy, but Nia is the type of kid who enjoys structure so we'll have about 3 unplanned weeks this summer which I think is a good balance especially with our town's free swimming lessons and our library's summer reading program running as well
- Besides the general summer camp she's doing at the beginning of break for two weeks she's signed up for 2 weeks of running club which meets early mornings for a couple hours and is ran by a teacher at her school, a week of half-day STEM camp learning robotics and intro to coding and a week of half-day horse camp
- Currently I'm focusing on my community's Tactical Urbanism project that's meeting tonight (I was at the initial meeting a couple weeks ago), and I'm helping to implement tomorrow starting at 5:30a.m. (!)
- Besides that, tomorrow afternoon is also Nia's big annual carnival at her school; I'll be volunteering with food and games (and hoping we have a ton of last minute volunteers arrive!)
- Mr. Lovebird heads out of town Friday for his weekend "mancation," and I'll be with Grayson as he nears the end of his indoor swimming lessons on Saturday then Sunday is the Giving Voice Fundraiser I'd like to attend after church, but it's pending Mr. Lovebird's arrival time
- I'm also trying to get Grayson's 2nd birthday party Evite sent out this week before everyone's June calendars get full
- Next weekend is a doozy too with 6 big events spread across Saturday and Sunday including Portsmouth's annual Market Square Day
- Oh! There's also Father's Day and our 7th anniversary to consider this month...
What are you looking forward to this month?