On Grayson's actual birthday my good friend Katie who blogs at The Humble Onion, invited us over for a playdate and mini-birthday celebration. Grayson loves the Happy Birthday song and Katie's kids were so sweet singing it to him about 3 times so he could blow his candle out over and over again. His little giggle when he covers his mouth in this video makes my heart melt - it's the essence of his personality:
My mom lovingly crocheted the most adorable sweater vest for Grayson and sewed little shorts for him so of course this called for a photo shoot. Between a nutty nap/sleep schedule since returning from Tennessee and the hit or miss weather this week, I've been delayed in being able to take pictures but was finally able to get some yesterday. Here are a few of my favorites:
Of course I had to put together a little collage of the past year:
- Toddler's Weight: 27lbs
- Toddler's Height: 35 1/2" - he's continuing to stretch out more than he's thickening up!
- What size of clothing does toddler wear? He's still 18 months for width and 24 months for length
- Any milestones toddler reached since last update:
- Making the local newspaper
- His first hair cut
|Uka cuts his own hair and dreamt of this day even before we had kids - it was a sweet moment, but not without tears!|
- Special outings toddler had since last update:
- Grayson's 1st trip to Puerto Rico
- Our Tennessee mini-family reunion trip - he was such a big boy even enduring the 2 hour River Romp!
- What are your thoughts since the past update? Grayson's personality is coming through so strongly, and it turns out he's quite the goofball. He's extremely musical and especially likes his Music Together class. I love how Grayson spontaneously breaks out into song like this:
- Reflect about the highlights since the last update:
- Grayson's becoming an affectionate little friend - he has a few buddies that he can refer to by name, and he loves giving hugs and shaking hands
- Did any big changes occur?
- Grayson now sleeps in his toddler bed but often sneaks out to hop in Nia's bed; she doesn't like it, but if it happens after she falls asleep I'll let him stay then move him after he falls asleep!
- What are toddler's favorites - toy, food, person, etc...?
- Grayson loves his Nia and wants to do everything she does - I love it when they're goofy together and crack each other up! Their favorite activity is dancing and you can see their moves in this video (it's reached nearly 20K people already)
- When it comes to toys, Grayson is obsessed with fire trucks, or "wee-ooo twucks" as he calls them; Uka got him a big one for his birthday, and you can see him playing with it in his birthday party recap video:
- His favorite foods are still very limited: milk, meatballs, French fries, crackers, strawberries (see what happened here when I took him to pick some for the 1st time!) and cashews and I still make him smoothies so he can get his veggies. I'm not concerned since Nia was the same way until being around peers in Pre-K 3 convinced her to eat more and now she's at the top of the charts for both height and weight
- What I'm looking forward to?
- Heading to Montreal for July 4th weekend and my hometown of Columbus, Ohio in August; now that Grayson's bigger it'll be fun to watch all that he'll be able to do on our travel adventures!
Here's to another fun year with my precious boy!