|Just chillin' with his smoothie|
One thing I've figured out however is how I can pack tasty goodness into a smoothie to get something in their little systems to start their day off strong. Lately, our favorite smoothie is inspired by the tropical flavors of the Caribbean, a place we dream of during our cold New England Winters. The key is the unsweetened coconut flavored almond milk - it enhances the natural sweetness of the fruit and tastes amazing.
The recipe is so simple that you could even get your kids on board to scoop in the ingredients:
Tasty Tropical (Toddler-Approved) Green Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen tropical fruit
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut flavored almond milk
- 2 cups of spinach
- Water (to desired thickness)
- Your favorite booster (ex. protein, flax seed, etc.)
Layer in your smoothie ingredients depending on the blade position of your favorite blender.
My blender inverts into its base once filled so I start with my liquids first, banana, spinach then frozen fruit so the liquid will soften it around the blade as it liquefies.
Wayfair helps get your New Year off to a healthy start with their selection of blenders available here - many are stylish enough to leave out on your counter (I do!).
This post was part of Wayfair's Seventeen Smoothies round-up and here are 16 more smoothies to try created by my fellow Wayfair Homemaker bloggers:
1) How to make green smoothie freezer cubes
2) Chocolate strawberry protein smoothie
3) Layered smoothie
4) Orange carrot smoothie
5) Strawberry lemonade smoothie
6) Peach cobbler smoothie
7) Spinach & pineapple green smoothie bowl
8) Simple strawberry smoothie
9) Orange carrot ginger whole food smoothie
10) 3 ways to make healthy smoothies
11) Chamomile, blueberry, and peach smoothie
12) Pineapple, spinach smoothie
13) Dreamy lavender smoothie
14) Green detox smoothie
15) Winter citrus smoothie
16) Chocolate pea protein smoothie
Are you a fan of green smoothies and do your kids drink them too? Which ingredients do you like in yours?