|Looking like a diva|
Here's the official update:
- Toddler's Weight: We confirmed at her 1 year appointment that she's 19lbs 6oz. So lightweight which still makes her a breeze to wear around NYC!
- Toddler's Height: She's officially 30." Again, long and lean continues to be the trend.
- What size of clothing does toddler wear? In between 12 months and 18 months; why isn't there an in between size? She has such long legs but isn't quite thick enough to fill out the 18 months clothing. Oh well!
- Any milestones toddler reached during the month:
- Nia can spin in a circle; she loves making herself dizzy!
- She's even better at repeating after us. For example, she leaked poo on the floor and I exclaimed, "Ewwww gross!" and she repeated it with the same tone!
- Nia is trying to count to 10 (thanks Sesame Street)
- She can say her name when you ask her: "NEEEE-ah!"
- She can point to all her body parts when asked
- Special outings toddler had during the month: We visited the Natural History Museum with my BFF Van. She has a good time:
- What are your thoughts about the past month? Even though she's a "toddler" she's still very much a baby. She likes to be cuddled and hugged a lot. Nursing continues to make me think of her as a baby still. When she looks up at me while nursing I still see her as she was placed on my chest when she was born. I know I'm going to see her newborn face when I look at her for the rest of her life! Now I know how my parents feel!
- What was toddler's routine? Putting Nia to sleep is a breeze! We are so thankful for that. The routine of reading a Bible story is new now that she's 1 and she goes and gets her Bible on her own (love that!). Having her lovie by her side is still important. She goes to bed by 8 and wakes up 1x in the night (usually around 1:30 or 4a.m.) then sleeps until 5:30a.m. Naps are usually around 10/11a.m. and sometimes (if I'm lucky!) again at 3 or 4p.m.
- Reflect about the highlights of the month:
- Definitely getting "big girl shoes!" As soon as I put her new sneakers on her she took off running. It was adorable. Here she is at the playground (Mr. Love Bird said she looks 5 here):
- Nia also got her passport! Woo hoo! Her picture cracks me up (she looks like an orphan):
|"For $1 a day you can feed a hungry child . . ."|
- Did any big changes occur?
- Like last month she's still cutting her back teeth. I can see pointy tips coming through her gums, and I can tell it's very painful. She's a good sport about it and gets delirious at times but not too fussy. I give her things to chew on but she still prefers her hands.
- She is getting better at feeding herself, and we've introduced cow's milk although most of it goes down the drain. We've mixed in Ovaltine though and tried a myriad of toddler cups but I've found she'll drink most of it if I give her a little glass:
- What are toddler's favorites - toy, food, person, etc...
- Of course she's most attached to "Baba" her bear, but I've been introducing her to some of the toys she received for her birthday. So far these are her favorites:
|Hide and Squeak Eggs|
|Fisher Price Build 'n Carry Birthday|
|Not sure what she was doing here! (Excuse Mr. Love Bird's massive leg in the shot)|
- Her favorite foods are fruits and veggies: specifically apples, green beans, carrots, berries, watermelon and bananas. I would love to get her to eat more protein but for now only chicken is tolerated.
It's been a fun month!