This is a special edition post since Nia and I are in Baltimore for the long weekend visiting my mom (my dad's coming tomorrow!) and grandma before she flies back home to Columbus, Ohio at the end of the weekend.
Coming back from Nigeria this is a special break because it's giving us a welcome breather before we head back Sunday to ::drumroll:: PACK UP and MOVE!
We Love Birds have scored an amazing 3 bedroom apartment which will shorten Mr. Love Bird's commute by more than half. Having more time together as a family AND more space is a dream come true! The apartment is a wonderful blank slate well maintained and ready to decorate. This will provide for some awesome blog posts!
As a result Nigeria posts are indeed delayed as I want to give the trip due justice instead of cranking out quickie posts so please bear with me! The whole family is also recovering from some nasty sickness since being back (antibiotics, Theraflu, probiotics, tea, cough drops and ibuprofen fills our days). UGHHH!
Anyway, on to the update . . .
|Nia and her Uncle Tanner|
- Toddler's Weight: Nia is packing on the pounds! She's just over 23lbs now.
- Toddler's Height: We'll confirm next month at her 18 months appointment how tall she is, but I can tell she's more than the 31" at her 15 months appointment because her 18 months pant legs are shorter than ever now.
- What size of clothing does toddler wear? Nia is LOOOONG! 24 months is fitting her comfortably on length.
- Any milestones toddler reached during the month:
- Just talking more and more
- Showing an interest in colors, numbers and shapes; it might be time for mini-preschool lessons!
- Special outings toddler had during the month:
- NIGERIA! (yes, more to come)
- What are your thoughts about the past month? I really want to wean and am trying in earnest. It's been such a challenge. She's getting so big and seems to be such a big girl, but still hanging onto nursing with a vengeance. We can't believe how much she knows and often we don't know until we pick her brain and ask her questions and she actually answers!
- What was toddler's routine? Nigeria did WONDERS for her sleep routine. The time change helped and coming back she's going to bed between 7-8p.m. and waking up around 5-6a.m. AND napping 2x more frequently. Mr. Love Bird and I also go to bed earlier too and wake up earlier, and it's making us very productive! I like it!
- Reflect about the highlights of the month:
- Getting more sleep. YESSSS!
- Our first international trip - going was a challenge as Nia was recovering from her ear infection and had severe diaper rash from the antibiotics, but returning was a breeze
- Did any big changes occur?
- Just becoming more of a big girl!
- What are toddler's favorites - toy, food, person, etc...
- She loves the Tickle Me Elmo she got for Christmas but unfortunately, the day after Christmas it stopped shaking. Since it's now a collector's item there's nowhere to return it to have it fixed. She likes that he still says, "That tickles!" though.
- She is getting more and more connected to Uka; being able to spend more time together in Nigeria helped and as we're moving closer to his office we look forward to visiting him at lunch time when the weather warms up.
- What I'm looking forward to? MORE SPACE! It's going to be so fun for her to have a proper nursery and space to play. This will definitely improve our quality of life overall.