|I posted this on Instagram back in December - he looks like a big kid, right? ::tears::|
Here are more details just on Gray's 18 months experience:
- Toddler's Weight: 23 lbs, 1oz - still a lightweight lil guy!
- Toddler's Height: 32.5" - his growth heigh-wise is outpacing his weight gain
- What size of clothing does toddler wear? 18 months fits perfectly and he has a few 12 months clothing items which still especially because his waist is so slim
|My sister Lauren captured the many faces of Gray|
- Any milestones toddler reached since last update:
- Flying to Texas was his longest trip yet and he did really well!
- He hit the 1 year mark of taking swimming lessons - he's so confident in the water
|At the Stockyards in Ft. Worth, TX|
- Special outings toddler had since last update:
- From our trip to Texas and NYC, it was a big travel month for Grayson and he took it in stride; it helped to have his big sister Nia by his side - he looks to her for queues and comfort
- What are your thoughts since the past update? I'm so glad he's bulked up a little as to stop toppling over, but now that he's more agile he's climbing more than ever
- Thankfully we no longer find him on the dining room table, and with the weather being pretty mild this winter we've been able to get out quite a bit to help him get some of the climbing out of his system (hooray for indoor play spaces!)
- I've also made a big push to schedule regular play dates with other little boys. So often I was centering play dates around Nia and if her friends had younger siblings then Grayson got a "by-product" play date. Having deliberate play dates just for him and not under the shadow of his big sister is so important! He's learning how to play with other kids his age and I'm already thinking ahead to him starting preschool next fall
- Reflect about the highlights since the last update:
- Becoming more independent - he plays so well alone especially starting to play pretend
- Adding a few more words to his vocabulary although I usually don't understand what he's saying most of the time
|He enjoys playing at the library|
- Did any big changes occur?
- More play dates on his own
- Feeling confident when Nia's at school to try sleeping in her bed, playing with her "big kid" toys and exploring
|A post-Kindergarten, holiday concert hug|
- What are toddler's favorites - toy, food, person, etc...
- Nia is his best friend of course, and he calls Uka for everything - he's his go-to!
- His favorite foods are very limited: milk, meatballs, French fries, crackers, strawberries and cashews; he'll also drink smoothies easily which is how we get him his veggies
- What I'm looking forward to?
- Taking our first family camping trip in May to visit my brother in Tennessee
- Warmer weather, getting outside and planning Grayson's 1st birthday party