It's rainy here in NYC and I'm catching up on some cleaning and organizing while Lil Love Bird sleeps and just wanted to share some things that could be full blog posts but I don't have enough time to get them out as full posts so here they go . . .
- Halloween is coming up and no, we don't celebrate it. I grew up not celebrating it and while Mr. Love Bird did we both agree that we're not going to celebrate it with Nia. #1 it's a pagan holiday and #2 it's waaaay over-hyped so no thanks! Instead we're going to our church's fall festival on Sunday afternoon. Last year we went but Nia was too small to enjoy but I think she'll like it this year. There will be a costume contest but we're just going to put her in her bday tutu and call it a day!
- I seriously need to think about Thanksgiving! My family is gracious enough to come to NYC although it really is our turn to go to DC this time. I don't want to spend most of the time cooking or make a mess of the kitchen so I'm really leaning towards Whole Foods Catering but making our own turkey. We've catered from there before and it was GREAT!
- Our trip to Nigeria is coming up soon and we have a few loose ends to tie up. We're attending a wedding while there and I need to connect with my mom about sewing my dress.
- I am really freaked out by people who tell me they read my blog but never ever comment. I just think it's strange. My opinion!
- I've been interested in getting Nia into child modeling, but with no luck. I'm noticing the trend for children of color is biracial with big hair so maybe we can try again when Nia's hair grows out. I thought I was the only one who noticed this trend but came across this Clutch article that mentioned the favor towards light skin and loose, curly hair as well.
- I made Crispy Golden Sauteed Fish for dinner last night after seeing it on Food Network's $10 Dinners. It came out well, but I'll use less oil next time and work more quickly with the butter sauce because it browns so fast. With steamed veggies and a 20 minute pot of bouillon rice it was a very quick and easy meal that I'll definitely be making again.